We all have the power, individually and collectively, to make retirement fulfilling. At Delmanor, we believe that enjoyment of life includes attention to body, mind and spirit. Our unique LivingWell™ program encourages individual empowerment to improve overall health and wellness.
LivingWell™ programs not only helps you set goals, but also helps you reach them.
That means more mobility, agility, flexibility, balance and stamina. Research has shown that older adults with active lifestyles are often as healthy as people fifteen years their junior. Physical activity contributes to prolonged good health, resistance to illness, and independence. Regular exercise increases the oxygen flowing to the muscles and the brain; that makes for a happier and healthier you. You’ll work at your own pace to reach your goals. A personalized program geared to your needs, can help reduce your risk of falls, improve flexibility and an overall sense of well-being.
LivingWell™ events designed to stimulate your mind and enrich your spirit.
Join a discussion group, wine tasting, cards, hobby or art group. They’re all LivingWell™ events designed to expand your mind and stimulate your thinking. Share your experience with others, or just sit back and listen to a guest lecturer. But it doesn’t stop there. You can let your spirit soar with individual or group meditation, nature walks, outdoor excursions or yoga.
Most of all you’ll find LivingWell™ is all about fun, no matter which programs you choose to experience. We made it that way on purpose because, as Mark Twain said, “he who laughs, lasts.” Our residents find the LivingWell™ program works for them:
- Pat M. said that she “is just astounded at how much better my legs feel since I have been using the NuStep machine and doing the hamstring stretches my LivingWell coach suggested I do.”
- Jean M. said that her neurologist was amazed at how well she was doing and “I feel it’s because of LivingWell™ program goals I’ve set on the stationary bike and the affect of the fitness classes I’m attending.”
- Rose B suffers from back pain. She is repeatedly amazed at how her personal exercise goals in the LivingWell™ program always seem to reduce her pain. This week she stopped me in the hall to show me how much her pain and function had improved.
Download “Steps to LivingWell™ ” Issues
- Best activities for a healthy mind and body | Link
- Essential tech for seniors | Link
- Healthy eating tips for seniors | Link
- Living with dementia | Link
- School isn’t just for the young | Link
- Why 80 is the new 70 | Link