(As of July 2021)
Q. What is Delmanor doing to protect residents?
A. Delmanor is operating under strict pandemic outbreak protocols for COVID-19. Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures have been implemented, and team members follow protocols around Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Delmanor receives regular updates from Local Public Health Unit and Infection Prevention And Control teams to ensure we have the most current and accurate information possible.
▪ Our Nursing team is closely monitoring all residents, and temperatures are taken once a day. If a Resident develops any symptoms such as fever, sore throat or cough, a swab is immediately taken and sent to the lab for testing. Family members will be notified of symptoms and updated regularly. Residents will remain in isolation until lab results are confirmed and they are also clear of any cold/cough symptoms.
▪ Dining rooms are now open. Fully vaccinated visitors can now enjoy a meal at Delmanor.
▪ Please read our updated visitor policy and procedures, click here.
▪ Delmanor team members and other essential visitors are actively screened when they enter the building.
▪ For Residents with any type of symptoms, strict infection control procedures are followed. Full Personal Protective Equipment is immediately donned and safely disposed of, before and after each Resident interaction.
▪ LivingWell programs have fully resumed with capacity limits in place.
▪ Elevator use is limited to no more than 2 passengers at a time.
▪ Delmanor is actively promoting safe distancing practices of at least 6 feet while walking in the building or on the patio grounds.
Q. Will team members and residents be tested regularly for COVID-19?
A. Given the fact that 98% of our team members are fully vaccinated and vaccination levels in the province have increased, we have been advised by public health that routine surveillance testing for asymptomatic team members is no longer required.
Q. Does Delmanor have any confirmed cases of COVID-19?
A. No. We do not have any COVID cases in our communities.
Q. Are general visitors permitted to visit
A. Yes. General visitors may now visit and are required to complete a screening at the concierge.
Q. What procedures are implemented if a resident and/or Employee has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
A. Should a Resident and/or Team Member have a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19, Delmanor would act immediately to ensure the safety of Residents and Team Members. This includes the following actions:
▪ Any Resident with a suspected case of COVID-19 is placed in immediate isolation, PPE protocols are implemented, and a swab is taken and sent for testing. Family member(s) would be contacted.
▪ Nursing would closely monitor all Residents for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and swab if they display any symptoms.
▪ Team members who display symptoms will immediately be off work and asked to contact Public Health. They would be requested to have a COVID-19 test. They would self-isolate for at least 10 days.
▪ In the event, there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 from a resident or team member all Residents and team members would be tested. Families would be notified in the affected communities only.
Q. Can residents leave the building?
A. Yes, residents can leave the building for day trips and overnight excursions. Fully vaccinated residents are not required to isolate upon return from an overnight visit. To read more, click here.
Q. Are new residents allowed to move in at this time?
A. Yes, provided the community is not in outbreak. Fully vaccinated residents are not required to isolate in their suites upon move in.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.