(As of June 2021)
Q. What is Delmanor doing to protect residents?
A. Delmanor is operating under strict pandemic outbreak protocols for COVID-19. Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures have been implemented, and team members follow protocols around Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Delmanor receives regular updates from Local Public Health Unit and Infection Prevention And Control teams to ensure we have the most current and accurate information possible.
▪ Our Nursing team is closely monitoring all residents, and temperatures are taken twice a day (morning and evening.) If a Resident develops any symptoms such as fever, sore throat or cough, a swab is immediately taken and sent to the lab for testing. Family members will be notified of symptoms and updated regularly. Residents will remain in isolation until lab results are confirmed and they are also clear of any cold/cough symptoms.
▪ Dining rooms are now open.
▪ Please read our updated visitor policy and procedures, click here.
▪ Delmanor team members and other essential visitors are actively screened when they enter the building.
▪ For Residents with any type of symptoms, strict infection control procedures are followed. Full Personal Protective Equipment is immediately donned and safely disposed of, before and after each Resident interaction.
▪ Modfied LivingWell programs are in effect.
▪ Elevator use is limited to no more than 2 passengers at a time.
▪ Delmanor is actively promoting safe distancing practices of at least 6 feet while walking in the building or on the patio grounds.
Q. Will team members and residents be tested regularly for COVID-19?
A. Delmanor is following all directives from Public Health. Routine testing is completed on all team members a minimum of every 14 days. In the event that either a resident or team member tests positive, all employees and residents will undergo testing.
Q. Does Delmanor have any confirmed cases of COVID-19?
A. No. We do not have any COVID cases at our communities.
Q. Can families drop off flowers and perishable items?
A. Yes. Families may drop off flowers and packages at the front entrance.
Q. Can designated caregivers/companions come into Delmanor communities?
A. Yes. Those that are designated as caregivers may come into Delmanor Communities as they provide direct care and support to residents. All designated caregivers are currently required to have a COVID-19 test every 7 days and are required to show proof prior to visiting their loved one. As with our team members, we have the same stringent protocols in place for caregivers.
Q. What procedures are implemented if a resident and/or Employee has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
A. Should a Resident and/or Team Member have a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19, Delmanor would act immediately to ensure the safety of Residents and Team Members. This includes the following actions:
▪ Any Resident with a suspected case of COVID-19 is placed in immediate isolation, PPE protocols are implemented, and a swab is taken and sent for testing. Family member(s) would be contacted.
▪ Nursing would closely monitor all Residents for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and swab if they display any symptoms.
▪ Team members who display symptoms will immediately be off work and asked to contact Public Health. They would be requested to have a COVID-19 test. They would self-isolate for 14 days.
▪ In the event, there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 from a resident or team member all Residents and team members would be tested. Families would be notified in the affected communities only. Status updates will be posted on this FAQ page.
Q. What programs/activities are available to engage residents throughout the day?
A. We have modified our LivingWell programs and follow safe distancing protocols. We have extra mobile devices available to use. Families are welcome to call or email our LivingWell Manager to let us know what more we can do to assist your loved one. Our LivingWell teams have come up with many creative ideas, including individual activities for Residents to enjoy. These include fitness and mediation classes on our in-house TV channel; kits that include single use puzzles, crosswords and books. We also encourage families to arrange video chat calls.
Q. Can residents leave the building?
A. Yes, residents can leave the building for essential reasons only such as medical appointments. To read more, click here.
Q. What protocols are in place for residents who are returning from hospital stays?
A. Residents returning from hospital will be tested for COVID-19 before discharge before returning back to Delmanor. Fully vaccinated residents are not required to isolate in their suites upon move in.
Q. Are new residents allowed to move in at this time?
A. Yes, provided the community is not in outbreak. They will be tested for COVID-19 before they can move in. Fully vaccinated residents are not required to isolate in their suites upon move in.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.