(As of July 22, 2020)
Q. Does Delmanor have any confirmed cases of COVID-19?
A. Delmanor has NO confirmed cases of COVID-19 in our communities.
Q. What is Delmanor doing to protect residents?
A. Delmanor is operating under strict pandemic outbreak protocols for COVID-19. Enhanced cleaning and infection control measures have been implemented, and team members follow protocols around Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Delmanor receives daily updates from Ontario Public Health and other authorities to ensure we have the most current information possible.
▪ Our Nursing team is closely monitoring all residents, and temperatures are taken twice a day (morning and evening.) If a Resident develops any symptoms such as fever, sore throat or cough, a swab is immediately taken and sent to the lab for testing. Family members will be notified of symptoms and updated regularly. Residents will remain in isolation until lab results are confirmed and they are also clear of any cold/cough symptoms.
▪ Effective June 18th, scheduled indoor and outdoor visits are permitted. Please read our visitor policy and procedures, click here.
▪ Residents are permitted to leave the property grounds effective June 18th and are required to be screened before and after their short absence and are to wear a cloth mask while out in the community.
▪ Delmanor team members and other essential providers are actively screened and have their temperature taken and recorded at the beginning and end of their shift.
▪ Delmanor team members do not work in other retirement or long term care homes.
▪ All team members and other essential visitors are given a surgical mask upon arrival. Team members are also provided a face shield as an added precautionary measures.
▪ For Residents with any type of symptoms, strict infection control procedures are followed. Full Personal Protective Equipment is immediately donned and safely disposed of, before and after each Resident interaction.
▪ Modified Dining room operations are in effect, please speak with the General Manager at your community for specific details.
▪ Modfied LivingWell programs have resumed in all of our communities.
▪ Elevator use is limited to no more than 2 passengers at a time.
▪ Delmanor is actively promoting safe distancing practices of at least 6 feet while walking in the building or on the patio grounds.
▪ Essential items delivered by families, or received from Amazon or other companies are dropped in the front entrance vestibule only.
Q. Will residents be tested in advance for COVID-19?
A. Delmanor is following all directives from Public Health. Testing will be completed on all residents and team members if either a resident or team member tests positive. Public Health has indicated that all residents living in retirement communities will be tested for COVID-19 on a regular basis, in order to mitigate the risk of an outbreak developing. We would notify Public Health if any resident exhibits symptoms and they will be immediately tested.
Q. What personal protective equipment (PPE) do Employees wear?
A. All team members wear a mask and a shield regardless of the department they are working in. These added precautionary measures are in place to further reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Q. Can families drop off flowers and perishable items?
A. Yes. Delmanor is now permitting the delivery of flowers and perishable items.
Q. Can private caregivers/companions come into Delmanor communities?
A. Private caregivers are designated as essential visitors, as they provide direct care to residents. As with our team members, we have the same stringent protocols in place for external care providers, including daily screening questions and twice daily temperature checks. They also follow the same PPE procedures.
Q. What procedures are implemented if a resident and/or Employee has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
A. Should a Resident and/or Team Member have a suspected/confirmed case of COVID-19, Delmanor would act immediately to ensure the safety of Residents and Team Members. This includes the following actions:
▪ Any Resident with a suspected case of COVID-19 is placed in immediate isolation, PPE protocols are implemented, and a swab is taken and sent for testing. Family member(s) would be contacted.
▪ Nursing would closely monitor all Residents for COVID-19 symptoms; isolate and swab if they display any symptoms.
▪ Team members who display symptoms will immediately be off work and asked to contact Public Health. They would be requested to have a COVID-19 test. They would self-isolate for 14 days.
▪ In the event, there is one (1) or more confirmed cases of COVID-19 (from a Resident and/or Team Member) Delmanor would declare an outbreak, and all Residents and team members would be test for COVID-19. Families would be notified (in the affected building.) Status updates would also be posted on our website.
Q. What programs/activities are available to engage residents throughout the day?
A. We have modified our LivingWell programs to a maximum of 10 residents. We have extra tablets available. Families are welcome to call or email our LivingWell Manager to let us know what more we can do to assist your loved one. Our LivingWell teams have come up with many creative ideas, including individual activities for Residents to enjoy. These include fitness and mediation classes on our in-house TV channel; kits that include single use puzzles, crosswords and books. We also encourage families to arrange video chat calls.
Q. Can residents leave the building?
A. Yes. Effective June 18th, residents can leave the building for short absences up to 12 hours. To read more, click here.
Q. What protocols are in place for residents who are returning from hospital stays?
A. Residents returning from hospital will be tested for COVID-19 before discharge before returning home back to Delmanor.
Q. Are new residents allowed to move in at this time?
A. Yes. They will go through strict screening requirements before moving in. They will be tested for COVID-19 before they can moving in.
If you have any additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.